Workshop Comunicare și Jurnalism pentru Sustenabilitate - 20 octombrie 2023
Sustainability News Lab, un proiect inovator axat pe îmbinarea jurnalismului, comunicării și sustenabilității, organizează o serie de ateliere Comunicare și Jurnalism pentru Sustenabilitate. De la Teorie la Practică, evenimente adresate studenților la comunicare și jurnalism, profesioniștilor din domeniu, dar și publicului interesat de subiecte despre sustenabilitate.
Vineri, 20 octombrie 2023, are loc primul workshop din această serie, organizat la Facultatea de Jurnalism și Științele Comunicării, București. Atelierul are loc în Amfiteatrul R3, etajul 3, Universitatea din București, Bd. Regina Elisabeta, nr. 4-12. Persoanele interesate să alăture evenimentului pot confirma printr-un e-mail la firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agenda workshop, orele 14.00 - 15.30
Session 1: Welcome and Icebreaker
· Introduction of speakers.
Session 2: Sustainability Basics
· Overview of sustainability and its significance.
o Discussion on the role of journalists and communicators in promoting sustainability.
Guest: Prof. Dr. Ileana Bortun
Session 3: Sustainable operations – includes Q & A
· What are Sustainable Operations, and what does this mean in practice: waste sorting, efforts to reduce emissions - solar panels, sustainable heating, refrigeration system, food waste watcher, etc.
Guest: Raluca Mocanu, Sustainability Specialist, IKEA Romania,
Session 4: Sustainable Resources of the Future: Aluminium Sustainability – includes Q & A -
· We will explore the environmental and economic benefits of sustainable aluminum can production, emphasizing responsible consumer practices, energy-efficient production methods, and recycling can initiatives. By the end of this presentation, you'll have a deeper understanding of how aluminum can contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
Session 5: Circular Economy: Rethinking Resources, Rebuilding Resilience – includes Q & A
· In this presentation, we will embark on a journey into the world of the circular economy, a transformative concept that challenges our traditional 'take, make, dispose' approach to resources and waste. We'll explore the principles and foundations of the circular economy, understanding how it not only mitigates environmental impacts but also offers significant economic and social opportunities.
· RESPO CITY, the contest which paves the way for sustainability in the cities of the future. Bringing recycling to the center of the cities through appealing and innovative projects.
Guest (online): Cristian Pocol, President, RESPO DEEE Association
Moderator: Nicoleta Talpes (Guerrilla Verde)
Provide students with a solid foundation in sustainability journalism and recycling.
Engage students in hands-on research and writing on sustainability topics.
Enhance participants' writing skills and storytelling techniques.
Foster a collaborative and interactive learning environment.
Encourage participants to critically think about sustainability issues and their role in reporting them.
By the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
Understand the principles of sustainability journalism.
Comprehend recycling concepts and challenges.
Conduct research on sustainability topics.
Write compelling articles or essays on sustainability.
Present their findings effectively.